As I’m sure you’ve noticed, I’ve gone through a slight re-brand over these past few months. It wasn’t an easy transition for me and that’s not because my new brand isn’t awesome and exciting – it was more because it took me so long to realize, oh… it’s time for a re-brand!
When the time comes, where you’re not loving what you do anymore, it can be scary. You may not understand why you’re having these feelings of boredom and unhappiness. I mean, how could you? You work for yourself at a business that you created – what more could you want, right? Wrong.
As humans, we grow not only physically, but mentally and emotionally, as well. Our interests change, which leads to new passions that drive us. So don’t freak out when what you were once passionate about no longer sets you on fire. This is normal and I can almost guarantee that it happens to EVERYONE!
If only I could have told myself all this months ago while I was the one freaking out over my passion shift. There were some signs that I took note of during my transition and I thought it may be helpful if I share them with you today!
10 signs you may be ready for a re-brand:
- You’re in a “I don’t feel like working” funk… and not just for a day or two, but for weeks, maybe even months
- You no longer seek ways to better your customer service and relationships with clients
- Your work is taking you 2, 3, 4 times longer than it usually would
- You’re easily distracted
- You procrastinate your work
- You feel like you’ve chosen the wrong career
- You’re thinking about giving up altogether
- You don’t think you’re cut out to be a business owner
- Your vision no longer seems clear
- You get excited over unexpected things
These are all feelings I went through myself and they kept me up at night, made me cry, made me feel depressed, made me feel alone, and made me feel regret. All feelings you wouldn’t think you’d feel while you were in the middle of creating and working a job that you once loved so dearly.
I’m here to tell you today not to see it that way. Take all these feelings as a sign that a new and exciting chapter is around the corner. Maybe your current chapter is ending way sooner than you anticipated, but that’s okay. Shift your thoughts, think outside the box, and re-build something that makes you feel alive again!
Call to Action:
- Be sure to sign up to become an official Queen Bee on the BIP List. Trust me, it’s a list you want to be on. Exclusive tips, advice, and inspiration to living a successful and happy life!
- I’m also on Bloglovin’, Instagram, and Twitter! Let’s be friends, okay?
- Lastly, comment below if you’ve ever gone through a passion shift. If so, what’s one thing you wish you could have told yourself when you were going through the transition?